The Dental Assisting Training School is held on-site at Harlingen Family Dentistry. This course serves as an introduction to the basics of dental assisting.
Classes are taught by an experienced dentist and dental assistants.
Some examples of the DATS course learning objectives consist of the principles and techniques of the following:
- Patient reception
- Taking patient vital signs and reviewing their medical history
- Dental materials and instruments
- The importance of sterilization and infection control
- Oral hygiene and preventive care instruction
- Taking dental impressions
- Computer entry of patient data
- Teeth identification: primary and permanent dentition
- OSHA regulations
- CPR training
- Dental Anatomy & Physiology
The DATS students have the opportunity to perform their internship at Harlingen Family Dentistry where they can experience first-hand the various dental assisting skills in a shorter amount of time as compared to conventional dental assistant training schools.