This course serves as an introduction to the basics of dental assisting.
Some examples of the DATS course learning objectives consist of the principles and techniques of the following:
- Patient reception
- Taking patient vital signs and reviewing their medical history
- Dental materials and instruments
- The importance of sterilization and infection control
- Oral hygiene and preventive care instruction
- Taking dental impressions
- Computer entry of patient data
- Teeth identification: primary and permanent dentition
- OSHA regulations
- CPR training
- Dental Anatomy & Physiology
The DATS students have the opportunity to perform their internship at a dental office of their choice or with one of our partnered dental offices.