Dental assistant jobs are some of the hottest ones around. Not only are they in a field that’s currently booming and showing no signs of slowing down. They’re available no matter where you go the country and are easy to get into if you have the right training and credentials.
Dental assistants perform a variety of laboratory, patient care and office duties. They greet patients and make them as comfortable as possible in the dental chair while preparing them for treatment and obtaining their dental records. When the dentist examines patients, the assistant stands by to hand the doctor all necessary instruments and materials. They keep the patient’s mouth dry and clear by using suction and other devices.
Assistants also do the following:
- sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment;
- prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures; and
- talk to patients about postoperative and general oral healthcare.
DAs can take dental x-rays and process x-ray film in addition to preparing materials for impressions and restorations. They also do such hands-on work as :
- removing stitches;
- applying topical anesthetics to gums and cavity-fighting agents to teeth;
- removing any excess cement that remains on patients’ teeth after they get filled; and
- placing rubber dams on teeth to isolate them for targeted treatment.
In the office, DAs help their office colleagues by:
- scheduling and confirming appointments;
- receiving patients;
- sending bills and receiving payments; and
- ordering dental supplies and materials.
At the Dental Assistant Training School of Harlingen, we offer top-notch education that you can use to get started in a challenging new career, and for less than you might think. When you’re ready to change your life for the better, contact us!
and start on your path to a better career!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter