Here are the facts!
- Dental assistants can earn a good income. Dental assistant salaries in Texas range from $28,080 to $47,430. Salary varies widely depending on the city and many other important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years in the profession.
- The DATS program is a new and innovative course in dental assisting. We give you the best, most basic, foundational knowledge and skills necessary to start your new career with minimum time and expense.
- School hours are designed to allow you to be able to learn without interrupting your current job or daily responsibilities.
- The DATS course is only nine weeks long, two days a week (from 6 pm to 10 pm).
- At the program's end, you will be fully certified to work in the State of Texas.
- The cost of the program is $3,750. Financial assistance is available through Texas Workforce Assistance.
- DATS helps with job placement, resume review and interview preparation to help you get employed as quickly as possible.
This is what recent graduates have told us.
Overall, it was a really good program that helped me get into the dental field. I would definitely recommend to anyone that would be interested in the field. - R.Q.
The experience here at DATS was a memorable one. I would highly recommend a family/friend attend the program if they are ever interested in becoming a dental assistant. They will teach you everything that you need to know and the instructors are the best at what they do. - S.Z.
I came to DATS because it offers a fast pace and hands-on experience. Other programs that I looked into were mostly all nine months programs. DATS is only a 9-week program with a two days a week schedule. Overall it was an amazing experience. I liked every moment of it. - D.G.
When I was younger, I had a very kind dental hygienist who left a big impression on me. I didn't know what I wanted to be for a few years because I wanted to explore things, but in the end, this is what I want. To become a dental assistant and move on up to becoming a dentist. It was the most convenient school for me because I love learning hands-on and I work early mornings at the hospital. It was hands-on, quick, and nearby. The instructors and co-students throughout the entire course will be a memory I hold on to forever. It showed me that I am capable of achieving my goal. It was a great experience! - N.R
I came to DATS so that I can pursue a career as a dental assistant and get a feel of how the dental field works. The one feature that I liked about DATS that was different from other programs was how short the class was. It was short and to the point. Overall, I thought this experience was great! - E.G.
I was referred by a friend who was in the program a previous semester. She told me she loved her job as a dental assistant so that made me even more eager to do it. I live in Austin, so I was only down for 12 weeks. The 9-week program allowed me to start a new professional career quickly. I think it was totally worth it and anyone interested in the dental field should seek more about this specific program. - J.F.