Registering with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE)

After you receive your basic dental assistant training at DATS, you’ll have many opportunities for professional growth. One of these is to get TSBDE certification. Following are some FAQs about this process.

You can go to the dental assistants’ page on the TSBDE website for the latest information.

Who needs to register with the TSBDE?

If you are a newly graduated dental assistant who takes advantage of an in-office opportunity to make x-rays under a dentist’s direct supervision, you must register with TSBDE within the first year of hire to continue doing radiological work into the future.

If you decide to bypass doing this kind of clinical work and use your dental assistant training to move in the direction of office management, you do not need to register.

What if I get a dental assisting job in another state where I make x-rays and then come back to Texas?

If you work out-of-state as a DA and make x-rays then get a job in Texas, you will still need to register with the Texas Dental Board. This usually requires earning a Texas RDA (Radiology Certificate) as Texas will not honor any certifications you may earn out of state.

What do I have to do to get register with TSBDE?

Assuming you stay in Texas, you will need to take and pass a Dental Board-approved course in Jurisprudence, Infection Control and Radiology during your first year of employment as a DA. Once you do this, you can apply to register with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.

The Dental Assistant Training School of Harlingen offers basic training to help you succeed in one of hottest, most financially secure careers around. Contact DATS today and let us show you the affordable way to a future that’s as limitless as you want to make it!

Similar Posts