You’re considering a career as a dental assistant because you know that the healthcare industry offers some of the most rewarding, stable and secure jobs out there. But to succeed in this or any other profession, there are some characteristics that it is helpful to have, although not totally fatal if you don’t at this moment.
It needs to be stressed that if you read this list and feel that you might be lacking one or two or more of these characteristics – don’t despair! We all have these traits, though some might be more visible than others. And these are things that can be learned and brought into being if you have a desire to succeed as a dental assistant!
The main thing here is don’t put yourself down. You are probably better than you think.
1. A love of assisting – You take pride in knowing that you are a dentist’s right arm and that your help makes a difference to the members of your dental team.
2. A desire to serve others – You like giving the very best of yourself to your colleagues and clients every day.
3. Compassion and empathy – You care about how people feel and are always looking to make them feel better.
4. Intelligence – You are well-informed about basic dental issues and can speak clearly and articulately about them to patients who have questions.
5. Integrity – You always try to do the right thing.
6. A good chairside manner – You are both patient and personable with clients, especially those who may feel nervous about their visit with the dentist.
7. Honest communication – You are as warm and welcoming to patients as you are genuine and professional with them.
8. A sense of humor – You can see the lighter side of stressful situations and can share a laugh with patients and colleagues alike.
9. Team playing skills – You understand that the best success comes from pooling your talent and resources with the people you work with.
10. The ability to live up to personal potential – You are able to meet your goals and allow your potential to expand and make room for new ones.
So there you go, some helpful hints. We offer affordable, top-flight training at one of the best facilities in the country and have excellent placement rates. When you’re ready to start your journey to a brighter professional future, contact us!
and start on your path to a better career!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter